Senior DesignerDate Posted: 1st December, 2018
Led by the two founders Hugh Hind and Sharat Singh, who bring lots of experience from their time at Microsoft, Blackberry and Adobe, along with multiple successful innovative smaller companies, we are looking to be an AI startup on Fast-Forward.
We’re looking for people looking to solve complex challenges, are enthusiastic about action, have technical expertise and who do what they say, and say what they do. In shorter words, we seek those who are both competent and trustworthy.
Does this sound like you?
Talk to us about evolving the architecture of our core prediction engine. Our customers are in some of the fastest growing areas of eCommerce and Internet service provision. Work involves statistical data structuring using noisy and sparse data and data with high proportions of outliers, machine learning model selection and optimization, and incorporating the latest ideas from deep learning.
- Be the architecture lead for the machine learning models design and development team
- Work with senior engineering designers to design and develop new models, convergence mechanisms, and ensembling techniques for predictive analytics
- Maintain consistent design philosophy for the company’s core prediction engine
- Be prepared to take end-to-end design ownership for Quadrical’s core prediction engine in time.
- Establish priority development for company’s senior technical / product staff to sequence for new capabilities, and to understand / overcome existing design and performance limitations
- Assist with recruiting core model design and development team
- Mentor and train new graduate machine learning developers
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics with focus on Statistics and Data Analytics, Algorithmic Physics, or related field
- Strong software design and development skills
- Minimum three years experience developing with current programming languages like Python, C/C++, and R.
- Experience using Data Analysis and Machine Learning platforms like TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Scikit-Learn, and Theano, preferably in a business environment.
- Current knowledge of predictive analytics, deep learning models, NLP architectures
- Familiarity with data ingest techniques appropriate for machine learning
Would like to have
- Some experience as lead architect/designer
- Experience programming GPUs using CUDA, PyCUDA, or OpenCL
- Exposure to Cloud based ML systems like Azure ML (preferred), Amazon Machine Learning, or Tensorflow on the Google Cloud Platform
- Experience of machine learning / AI results visualisation.
- Experience managing noisy and sparse data as well as data with outliers/anomalies
- Some experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery – developing automation for build, test, deployment, and release processes
- Some experience working in a startup environment preferred